Thursday, October 31, 2013

You got rats on the foreshore, bed bugs uptown, what a mess, this town is in tatters.....


Okay, Okay, I took a little lyrical license from the Stones to describe yesterdays visit to the river.  The tide wasn't a very low edition, barely exposing enough surface to find much.  It did wash up the first dead rat I've seen!  Little guy looked he'd been deceased for a while..



I did manage to pick up a few decent pipes, one from the late 1600's, early 1700's.  Also found one pipe bowl with a nice design that looks a bit like a shell..


Found another old hair comb..

a nice serene scene on a piece of china..

and a collection of other odds and ends..

With the change of the time, the sunset early and I snapped a few nice pictures of London...This town isn't really in tatters!!





And Lastly... see you next low tide......



2 comments:

  1. The knob balanced on the rim of mocha ware is from a chafing dish, again link to a blog post is here http://mudlarking.blogspot.co.uk/2013/03/chafing-dish.html
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey what a brilliant post I have come a cross and believe me I have been searching out for this similar kind of post for past a week and hardly came across this.

    pest control san antonio

    ReplyDelete